#1 Solution for Optical Drone Detection
SkyPatriot is a family of industry-leading early warning optical drone detection systems. They use powerful AI video analytic software to rapidly and reliably detect, track, and classify multiple drones located kilometres away, in real-time. The SkyPatriot family includes:
- SkyPatriot Sector is our entry-level optical system; incorporating a high-resolution detection camera that operates in combination with a 360° PTZ camera. The detection camera continuously scans its preset field of view for multiple objects, directing the PTZ camera to zoom-in on candidate targets.
- SkyPatriot Sector180/Sector360 systems build on the base SkyPatriot Sector setup but extends it to monitor 180° or 360° of coverage using multiple integrated detection cameras.
- SkyPatriot Hunter works on the same principle of combining a detection camera with a scrutinising PTZ camera but is enhanced by exploiting detection inputs from radar or RF tracking systems to direct the sector detection camera.
- SkyPatriot InSight supplements these systems by introducing a powerful AI-derived classification module, which incorporates an extensive catalogue of UAV signatures that can be used to identify specific drone types.
SkyPatriot systems are now the #1 optical scanning drone detection scheme having gained widespread success in many proven drone defence deployments around the world with major customers including L3Harris, ST Electronics, Mistral, and Robin Radar Systems.
"To cover all eventualities [re drone detection] there needs to be a suite of sensors and, ultimately, they need to be optically identified."
Captain Tim Pottage (British Airline Pilots' Association), House of Commons Science and Technology Committee's report on 'Commercial and Recreational drone use in the UK'
SkyPatriot Product Family
The Benefits of SkyPatriot Systems
Download the SkyPatriot brochure here
Proprietary AI-powered Software
SkyPatriot systems employ powerful AI video analytic algorithms to accurately distinguish between drones and other objects such as birds, clouds, and even tree branches moving in the wind. This classification process for non-drone objects takes less than a second; substantially reducing the chance of false alarms.
SkyPatriot's smart AI technology not only detects and tracks drones, it also applies Machine Learning to the image recognition process so that the specific type/make/model of drone can be identified. This gives SkyPatriot operators another layer of information for evidence-based decision making.
Drone Defence Applications
SkyPatriot systems are designed to alert users when a drone has entered into the monitored airspace. The system has many commercial and defence applications, for example airports, prisons, and critical infrastructure assets such as power plants and transportation hubs.
The SkyPatriot system is scalable for larger drone protection sites. Multiple entities of SkyPatriot systems can be combined to create a unified detection system that integrates all areas of coverage.
Statistics from the December 2018 Gatwick Airport drone incident
duration the runway at Gatwick Airport was closed
amount lost by airlines and the airport
affected with delays and cancellations
cancelled or delayed
Key SkyPatriot Features
- Passive high-definition detection cameras search for drone signatures 24/7
- Powerful pan-tilt-zoom camera tracks and classifies detected drones
- Extensive database of drone signatures and profiles for accurate identification and classification
- Automatic recording of video, images, and telemetry data evidence of all detected drones
- Can be deployed as a fixed installation, as part of a mobile setup, or combined with a larger installation
- Scalable design allows easy customisation and integration for covering multiple environments
- Easy to install, set up and initialise, ensuring equipment is quickly operational
SkyPatriot UI demo - UAV Detection and Identification
This brief demonstration highlights the capability of SkyPatriot's smart AI software to correctly detect and identify a UAV.
SkyPatriot UI demo - Classification of non-UAV objects
This brief demonstration highlights the capability of SkyPatriot's smart AI software to correctly classify non-UAV objects such as planes and birds.
OSL Drone Detection Showcase Event
Rinicom demonstrated the SkyPatriot system at the OSL drone detection event, as shown in this short highlights video.
SkyPatriot UI Demo
Short video demonstrating the SkyPatriot User Interface during a trial.
Multiple Drones Detected
Short video demonstrating SkyPatriot's ability to detect multiple drones simultaneously.
SkyPatriot Singapore News
Rinicom supplies ST Electronics with the SkyArcher system.